As you begin to think about where your retirement income will come from, take the time to work your way through the articles below. They'll give you a great overview of the issues you need to think about as well as some specific ideas on when to retire, and how to create the retirement income you'll need.
1. Plan For Retirement Income
Whether you're one year away from retirement, or fifteen years out, start planning now. Read everything you can about retirement income strategies and investments. Those who plan will have more retirement income than those who don't.
- 5 Steps To Take Within 5 Years Of Retirement
- 4 Steps To Determine How Much Money You Need To Retire
- Web's Best Retirement Income Calculators
- Pension Benefit Decisions: Lump Sum Or Annuity?
- Should You Pay Off The Mortgage Early
2. Learn How To To Create Retirement IncomeRather than thinking about investment returns, now is the time to think about investment strategies that will maximize your lifetime retirement income. These strategies involve combining sources of guaranteed retirement income with investments that offer enough growth to allow your income to keep pace with inflation. Below are several articles that will give you specifics on how to do this.
- 9 Ways To Generate Retirement Income
- Maximizing Lifetime Income
- 3 Steps To Increase Your Social Security Benefits
- Finding Guaranteed Retirement Income
3. Decide When To Begin Your Retirement IncomeAlthough you may be anxious to retire, you'll want to weigh out the pros and cons of retiring early. Your earning potential is a powerful asset; don't be too quick to cut it off. Choosing the right time to retire can mean the difference between an enjoyable retirement, or one fraught with money worries.
- 3 Things To Consider Before You Retire At 55
- Age Related Retirement Planning Deadlines
- Should You Take Social Security At Age 62
- Don't Neglect Your Greatest Asset: Your Career