By Dana Anspach, About.com Guide
When To Retire
One of the most important decisions you will make is when to retire. You’ll need to know how much income you will need, and where it’s going to come from. You’ll also want to factor in life expectancy, health insurance benefits, and much more.
- 5 Steps You Must Take Within 5 Years of Retirement
- 3 Things To Consider Before You Retire At 55
- Should You Take Social Security At Age 62?
- How to Retire at 65
- 4 Retirement Myths About When And Why You Should Retire
- 4 Steps To Determine How Much Money You Need To Retire
- Web’s Best Retirement Income Calculators
- What Happens When You Turn 70?
Sources of Retirement Income
Retirement income can come from social security, pensions, annuities, investments and your own personal earnings. It’s important to take the time to figure out where your retirement income is going to come from and learn what you can do to increase it.
- Want Retirement Income? 4 Steps You Must Take
- 5 Key Things To Know About Social Security Retirement Benefits
- Before You Consider a Reverse Mortgage
- Should You Buy An Annuity? Ask These 5 Questions First
- Retirement Income Funds
- Earning Extra Money Can Be Easier Than You Think
- 3 Ways to Create Lasting Investment Income
- Finding Guaranteed Retirement Income
Planning For Taxes in Retirement
Tax deferral sounds great, but it can be a double edged sword. If you start planning early enough, you’ll be sure to make smart, tax-savings decisions both before and after retirement.
- Retirement Taxes Overview - What Kind Of Taxes Will You Pay In Retirement?
- Tax Planning Strategies – Shift Income To Lower Taxes
- 3 Tips to Maximize Itemized Tax Deductions
- When Tax Deferred Accounts Can Hurt You
- Tax Planning Basics for Retirees
- Rearrange Investments To Reduce Taxable Income
- Taxes On Social Security Benefits
- What Taxes Will I Pay on the Sale of My Home?
Using Your 401k Plan
The rules that apply to how and when you can use your 401k money are complex. First, invest it wisely, which means diversify. Next learn when and how you can take money out of your 401k so you know what rules apply when you need to use it.
- 3 Foolproof Ways to Allocate Your 401k Money
- 401k Retirement Age - Age Based Rules On When You Can Take Out 401k Money
- 401k Vesting and What it Means For You
- What to Know Before Cashing Out Your 401k